Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog's daaaaay!

 That's about all I have for this one, because I think I'll save the other news of what I've been up to for the next posting, which will hopefully follow soon after this one. This week has been a monumental one, though: I MADE HOMEMADE BREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME. The level of domestic-ness in this little apartment is drastically increasing...maybe the next time you come we will have curtains and a tablecloth. And here it is!
Granted, they aren't the prettiest little loaves in the world, but they are just about the tastiest, and I made them from scratch. And the verdict is, you don't really need bread flour. I went all daring and used all-purpose instead of the bread flour it called for, and this bread is GREAT.

 That, however, has nothing to do with the real reason for the post, which is to wish you a happy Groundhog's Day! No one ever knows what day this is, because it's one of those unfortunate un-celebrated holidays, but I happened to look at our calendar yesterday and saw that it's today!
I figured that any holiday is worth making treats, and so now I'm waiting impatiently for Miles to come home from work so I can surprise him with these:
haha! best way ever to use the last of the chocolate chips!

1 comment:

  1. So THAT's what a groundhog looks like! Funny, I'd pictured the front teeth a little bigger...

    ReplyDelete