Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The house video

***
I just dropped off Miles at the airport, headed for Utah and you guys, but we managed to make that long-promised real video of the house right before he left.

***note: I just watched the video, and it has some WEIRD colors going on. In case anyone is worried, our house is NOT purple and pink. There are some snatches in each room when you can see the real colors, but I think the camera is still recovering from its dive in the Bahamas. Time to find that warranty, I guess. Ok, so we will owe you another house video. :) Love you!

Cool things that didn't get into the video?
1. most of our boxes fit under the bed. Hah!
2. the bike we repaired in our bedroom last night :) Yes, Plexi the huffy is back in business
3. the awesome noises our fridge door makes
4. the strength of our walls. Man, those things make a lot of noise when you bang a nail in! Miles came running from the other room when I put up a clock in the bathroom because it sounded like I was bringing the house down! I think Grandpa Nihart would have appreciated it..."you'll smash the floor in!"
5. the magnificence of our vacuum. It can run on tile, and you can see what's inside!

Memorial day was a blast, and we used the extra time to explore Long Beach out to the edge of the ocean, and went to "little india." Wish we hadn't forgot the camera! I guess we had our phones, but we didn't really think about it until later. Oh well. There were sarongs in the windows and we were the only white people I saw...kind of a neat feeling. We went into a little store to explore and the smells were amazing. There were just so many spices all mixed together...it was like opening my spice rack box after the move, but a whole store's worth! We didn't get anything there, but we tried some indian candy at a "world famous" bakery next door. (The sign on the ceiling read "wel-come") The treat we chose was called gulab jaman...this rare delicacy was suspiciously like a donut hole soaked in syrup. :) But good!

***Note #3: the video was too big to upload. :( We still owe you

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing anything about what you two are doing and experiencing. What an adventure! Today is June 20 and it looks like Margo will be coming to Calif with Travis and Kira for Travis' sister baby blessing. I've got a continuing education class I am required to take to keep my contractors license and there is the BYU Stadium of Fire that I volunteer for. (15 or so years now) My time will come to see you again. Love, Robert

    ReplyDelete