Friday, August 9, 2013

Mommying Magic #2: the packing list

Since almost all of our family lives in Utah, we travel back and forth from there a lot. The first year we moved I think we made the trip five times in six months. I always do the packing while Miles is at work, and of course I always  manage to forget something. One time it was toothbrushes, then razors, and after the time that I somehow forgot to pack Miles any underwear I knew I could no longer be trusted. Hence...

Now, this is the list I made, so of course if you don't have a baby yours will be a whole lot shorter and not include things like nursing pads and a pack'n'play, but you get the idea. It might seem silly to print off a list and check things off every time you're going on a trip, but at least for us it is a HUGE time and sanity saver! I can pack for a ten day vacation in less than 30 minutes and know that I haven't forgotten anything, because I just cross it off as I go. Lalalalalalaaaa!

I tried my best to put the pdf on here, or a link of some sort(even using Google Drive), but so far everything I've tried has failed. If anyone has a brilliant way to do that on Blogger, we should talk!

P.S. I know it looks like a ton of stuff, but usually some gets crossed off before I even start packing. And the rest usually fits into one big suitcase and a couple grocery bags, including the baby stuff and snacks. :)
Happy packing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment