Friday, February 15, 2013

Why Miles loves his job... part two


Since we only have the one car, Miles takes me to all my doctor's appointments these days. We're lucky his job is flexible enough that he can usually fit things in wherever we need. 
Well, the other day we were on our way home and he decided to stop by one of his buildings to check on something or other...I forget. He said he just needed to "run in real quick," so I decided to stay in the car. 
After a good twenty or thirty minutes, I was starting to wonder if he'd been attacked by thugs hiding in the building or something. Our perception of "real quick" tends to be a leetle different, but not THAT much! I didn't want to be impatient, though, so I waited it out, and a couple minutes later he came out.
With a bird. That he caught. You know, the flying kind?
Yes, my husband can catch a bird with his hands. 
Actually, he had a little help from a cardboard box, but still! I don't think I could even catch a crippled pigeon, and here he is with a little sparrow or something in his hand like Mary Poppins!

 I guess it was flying around the cultural hall, so he chased it and finally caught it in one of the entryways where there was a little less room. Anyway, he brought it out to show me and I HELD IT ON MY FINGER! If I had ever really thought hard about cool things to put on my bucket list, that would have been one big check-off.
Miles and his new little friend

This is my finger, and yes, that is the bird perching happily
on it. It was so soft and cute! 
 We eventually let it fly away, of course, but first it landed on my windowsill. I promise, that is a real bird! Then it flew off to a nearby bush, and I administered copious amounts of hand sanitizer to the both of us. :)

I wish I had some bread or something...maybe we could have taught it some tricks
Now I guess we can say that Miles's work has included the birds and the bees? ...that pun's for you, Mom :)

1 comment:

  1. "With a spoonful of sugar!" You are Mary Poppins.

    ReplyDelete