Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween...CA Nielson style!

Aaaand back to blogging! I know it's been another month or so, but I can never think of anything interesting to write unless I have some fun pictures to put up. So now that I've found the camera I'm back to it for a bit.

Starting with Halloween!

Since no one trick-or-treats in our neighboorhood(and Miles didn't want to go, either) I decided that we should have a Halloween party this year. We invited the other four newlywed-ish couples, and I had a blast planning it all month. Miles was a really good sport and even let me dress him up. Since we all go to bed around 9:30, though, we had our party on the Friday before Halloween. Less festive, I know, but it did have its perks...like almost everyone being free that night.

The crew, except David and Tessa, who had to go home early.
I'm sad I didn't get them in the picture! Next year!
I used all my pinterest skills to make some fun food, and fulfilled my lifelong dream to buy dry ice and make homemade rootbeer. Note: you really do need a lot more rootbeer flavoring than the recipes suggest, or it may taste like cream soda. Just hypothetically...

The best part was that our ward Halloween party (*cough*) I mean Harvest Hoedown... was the next night, so we carved pumpkins for the contest they were having. I thought for sure we had some winners, but no such luck! More on the pumpkins in my next post...

Zenos and Sara drove themselves over :)

The beekeeper suit is a little worse for the wear these days, but did you
know you can get all colors of duct tape at the 99 cent store?

I say Josh was cheating, but...Captain America
and his trusty Boy Scout companion!


I'LL give you a belly! Ok this picture is just gross. But I still love pumpkin carving!
 On REAL Halloween, we didn't really have plans, so I wanted to go crash our neighbor church's Halloween party. We probably would have, too, but then Sara and Zenos invited us over for dinner at their place. We ended up playing some rip roaring games of spoons, in which I lost and had to take an awkward picture, and then Miles and I headed off for a non-successful attempt to register at Wal Mart. Complete with his mustache, of course.
I think Miles has some definite career possibilities we haven't
explored. Private eye, Pirate, French waiter...

Our Halloween house :)


1 comment:

  1. You need to make the picture with Miles' moustache bigger so I can see it better. :D Also you make a cute bee. Also I never told you how much I love your voilin studio sign. Very professional! I love it!

    ReplyDelete