Monday, October 10, 2011

Jess and the big 25

Best birthday ever!!!
Okay, so it was not another Six Flags adventure, but we did have a blast! Miles had work that morning, so I worked on making my cake and cleaning up the house for all the upcoming birthday festivities. :) And hey! Thanks for all the cards and funny phone calls! They made my day!
Miles's card "made out of recycled materials"

Thanks for all your cute cards and birthday wishes!
That night Miles surprised me with a card he'd made at work, which was adorable. Let me see if I can put a picture of it on here...

We took advantage of a couple of the free birthday dinner offers (score! although the IHOP server totally recognized us and I think she was suspicious) and then we headed back to our apartment to share some birthday cake with friends from the ward and down the street from us. It was funny to be celebrating without family all around, but we did end up having a great party, so much so that we didn't all go to bed until about 11...oops! This was the first time we've really had people over just for fun, so it was awesome to find some people our age to hang out with and make up for our missing adventures w/Clint and Aubree and Rebekah and Steven and our Provo friends. So fun!

We also discovered the most amazing game ever. Carcassone. We got it as a wedding gift, and put off playing it forever because the box looked boring to me, but the other day we opened it and now I think we've played it something like five times in the past week! Except Miles has beaten me every single time we've played! You can expect to be entertained by it when you come to visit us, because we're dying to share it with someone else :) Anyway, we're excited for the upcoming visits with Miles's side of the family, and I can't believe how fast time is flying past!

No comments:

Post a Comment