Friday, July 22, 2011

The big news

After about a million years, or really just sixteen or so, I've finally learned how to type! And along with that, I also have some mad backspacing skills.
Okay, so somehow I made it through all those middle-school programs by memorizing what I had to type and looking at my fingers. The result: I could type about 40 wpm with three of my fingers but was lost in a dark room :)
So... this week I found a free typing teacher thing online, and now I'm up to about 30 wpm NOT looking at one little finger. Yay! No laughing, all you master typists out there...I don't think I could have even typed 10 wpm before without looking!

The other GREAT news is that after playing in church on Sunday, a couple moms came and asked about violin lessons! I totally forgot that that might be a side benefit of playing in church, and I'm glad, because I would have felt guilty if I felt like I was advertising. So now I'm in the process of setting that all up and emailing back and forth with the moms, and hopefully this will be the beginning of my little studio that I've been working on. I'm so excited!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I hope the violin lesson thing works out well for you!! As for the online typing tests, I stumbled across one a while back and --just beware, they're pretty addicting--almost as fun as solitaire ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete